Gallery

Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Big E and Art Doll Quarterly

My submission to this year’s Eastern States Exposition,”A Day At The Fair” received a First Place ribbon- very exciting. Since I blogged the entire creation process I felt it was only fitting to announce the results.
I also heard from Art Doll Quarterly this week. They have accepted the photo submission of my Vintage Spirit dolls to be part of their Bottle Doll Challenge. The results of this challenge will be published in the February Issue. I look forward to seeing which photos/dolls of mine they will use as well as what style dolls other people have created incorporating a bottle. Art Doll Quarterly is a superbly constructed magazine published by Stampington that showcases the work of mixed-media doll artists. I am honored to be included in the next issue and highly recommend subscribing to this magazine.
I am not working on a doll currently, but feel the pull to start the next piece tugging at my brain more and more each day. I have been thinking of another bottle doll (maybe one that features the art deco style?) I’m just not sure what direction I want to go. My knitting shop on etsy called Fuzzy Knits (fuzzyknits.etsy.com) takes up lots of my time during the fall and winter months so extra time for doll making is slim. Also. with the holidays fast approaching I need to design or find an ornament pattern I want to make for my children’s stockings as well as my co-workers at school and get them constructed. Last year I was still beading ornaments the day before Christmas and I definitely don’t want to find myself in that position again this year

No comments:

Post a Comment