Gallery

Friday, July 20, 2012

Needle Felted Wall Doll


I am in the process of designing a needle felted wall doll. There will be many challenges to this,  the first being the larger size of this doll compared to what I normally make. I think it needs to be larger to have a presence on a wall. It will be an elf or more specifically a shore elf because I plan on incorporating some shells and beach stones that I have been gathering this summer.  I needle felted the head already- as you can see it is still bald and need a little more height in the forehead - but you get the general idea. It is a bit over three inches high with an eight inch circumference at ear level. If I follow the rule, 7 1/2 heads tall then the finish doll should be about 23 inches. But I'm not sure if the human proportion rule applies to elves??? In any event, I'm on vacation this week so I hope to get the body parts completed and put together so I can move on to costuming.

No comments:

Post a Comment