Gallery

Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year 2013!

Today is New Year's Eve - I hope the new year brings unexpected delights to all!
I have spent my vacation week knitting and felting to replenish my shop. Mostly I have listed new mittens but I have also added two new items-Kindle Fire and Kindle Paperwhite sleeves and am currently working on a pattern for future iPad Mini sleeves.
Kindle Keyboard/ Kindle Fire Sleeve
When I haven't been working on shop items, I have been needle felting little creatures onto the little feet I made last month. Here are the first three results.


The first one I made, and my personal favorite, is the owl.  I call him Harvey Hoots. He stands 5 inches not including his head feathers.



Harvey Hoots
 I would have just made a few more owls but I only had one set of large size eyes so it was either stop needle felting altogether or think of a different creature that had smaller eyes. I decided to try a rabbit.







I call him Henry Hops. He stands 5 1/2 inches tall, just a bit taller than Harvey. I think he has a very sweet somewhat befuddled expression.

I have been watching Sons of Anarchy on Netflix all week so I think it influenced my final character choice- Biker Chick. She sports a genuine black leather jacket with a Born To Ride patch. She also has black leather accents on her shoes and a lovely chain necklace.


Biker Chick

1 comment:

  1. They are fabulous, Kathy! I hope you'll bring them to doll club on Saturday. I must say, I'm partial to the "biker chick" :-D

    ReplyDelete