Gallery

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Tilda Swap

Last month I pitched the idea of doing a Tilda theme for our Textile Tarts December swap. People were receptive, and there were no other ideas on the table, so a Tilda swap it will be!
The internet is full of Tilda's- every style imaginable.  It was decided that each member could choose any size and style Tilda that they wanted to make- the sky's the limit! It should be fun to see all the Tilda dolls.

Last May I joined my town's garden club. They also have a swap at their December meeting so I decided to make two Tilda's- one for each swap! That way I get the fun of making two, but don't end up with two after all is said and done. Actually, I will end up with a new one created by someone in the Tarts.

                                               
This is the one I am going to use for the garden club swap. I picked the dress fabric first- it's very sheer so I doubled it creating a puffy skirt. I thought all the flowers said "Garden Party".  After that it was just a matter of pulling colors out of the skirt to make the rest of her outfit. She is a very simple doll to sew so it really is all about the costuming.   

 After I finished the doll, I realized I had the perfect chair! She is only 13 inches seated or 17 inches standing. The Tilda doll patterns from the books are much larger, but I do like this size.


 I know I am taking a chance bringing her to the garden club swap as they are not necessarily fabric doll people, but I'm going to do it anyway. She is holding flowers so there is a connection. Once I see what people bring this year, I will know what is expected for next year.



No comments:

Post a Comment