Gallery

Saturday, May 14, 2016

League of New Hampshire Craftsmen

Wonderful News! I am now an official juried member of the League of New Hampshire Craftsmen and I couldn't be more proud!

 https://www.nhcrafts.org/index.php
 
 Last Wednesday I participated in a jury session at the League Headquarters in Concord NH and was accepted. It was a wonderful experience although I will admit to initially being extremely nervous. But I needn't have been because I could not have been treated more courteously.  I was asked to bring examples of the range of my work and these pieces were examined by a group of members in the textile fiber field. They asked me about my process in creating the figures, my history with this craft, and my plans for the future. Although the interview lasted an hour, part of which I was not in the room as they consulted, the time flew. By the end of the day I had three pieces -dogs- in the League of NH Craftsmen shop in Concord. What an exciting day!


No comments:

Post a Comment