Gallery

Friday, February 25, 2011

Little Arms and Little Hands



Why is it whenever I plan to work something always comes up that prevents it? Well, today I was able to continue with this piece. The dad now has a pair of sneakers and more importantly the little girl has arms. Little arms with even littler hands and fingers. I’ve never attempted hands this small before- quite a challenge. At first I tried separating all the fingers but I didn’t like the way it looked, very unnatural. so then I started over with mitt hands with a separate thumb. I think that when you reach for a cotton candy you keep your fingers pretty close together so I like this better.

The picture doesn’t show that the girl has a white blouse with a black and white belt under her jacket. Her jacket is made of felt and machine embroidered in a mustard color thread. Once again, I am trying out some of the embroidery stitches on my machine- add a little more detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment