Gallery

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Vacation Week!


I’m on vacation this week and plan on working on this piece every day, so I should make substantial progress! I’ll start by finishing the dad. Today I gave him his arms and finished his sweatshirt. He still needs a chilly dog in his left hand, cotton candy in his right and some sneakers on his feet. Of course he also needs a head but I find if I don’t start with the head then I usually leave it off until the very end.

Although I have a plan to finish the dad before moving on to the other figures, that doesn’t mean I will actually follow this plan. Tomorrow when I approach this piece I may switch over to either of the other figures and start the day there... I have no idea today what I will be motivated to work on tomorrow. The one thing I do know about myself is that I never start a second piece until the one I am currently working on it totally finished. Some of the doll makers in the Textile Tarts will work on a piece, put it away for a while, start something new, then at some point return to the first piece- bouncing between projects is something I just can’t do.

No comments:

Post a Comment