Gallery

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Birdie: Vintage Spirit #5






Birdie is finished! What a joy she was to create- she really evolved in the process to become this somewhat warrior like creature. She has a vintage rhinestone feather pin synched at her waist; two birds on her label; a needle felted bird on her finger; and of course her signature shell bird hat that ultimately required the addition of blue plumage. Her auburn hair extends beyond her waist. I had to decide whether or not to show the wefting and, although it usually is not shown, on this piece I secured the hair with the wefting visible because it created a smoother hairline at the back of the neck and eliminated all the hair ends from sticking out. Also, the wefting was very neatly done so I think it looks fine. I did cover all the words on her label because it is not vintage. I needle felted the little bird on her finger- very small at only a bit over an inch from tip of beak to end of tail. In the end, I am pleased with her- my fifth Vintage Spirit!

2 comments:

  1. I love these dolls that you are making from bottles. Very unique and original. The hat on this doll was such an interesting idea...loved it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment. Making the Vintage Spirit dolls is great fun! Kathy

      Delete