Gallery

Friday, March 2, 2012

Vintage Spirit # 5 - Birdie

Bird hat placed on head (temporary).

Close -up shot
I finished obsessing about the face and actually made four more "interesting" faces- no beauties in the bunch but compelling none the less. I have also decided which bottle I am going to use first- the newer one- Covey Run. This bottle was given to me by a friend plus it has a beautiful bird label that I am anxious to duplicate in the costuming. Actually, I have already started with the hat. These Vintage Spirit dolls are all about their hats!! I made this hat from a seashell I picked up on the beach last summer. The bird's head is the shell as it curves at its joint. I deepened the color at the "beak" and added the dot eyes and Voila! the shell becomes a bird! It had a bit of a crack in it which made the process of creating the hat more interesting. The additional wing adds vintage lace/beading and completely covers the crack.  So..long story short..it is now a beautiful hat. I will be adding a tie ribbon on it to hold it on the doll's head later, but for now, along with the label, it is my inspiration for the rest of the costume.

No comments:

Post a Comment