Gallery

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Lots of Feet



 Every year for the past few years I have made an ornament for my children for Christmas as a stocking stuffer. It started with the stars, last year I made mice, so I am now working on something new. Yesterday I actually had time to myself again (I'm not doing anything on the "to do" list) and decided to mess around with an idea... I ended up making these little feet. I drew a template for the sole and traced it onto cardboard 16 times. Cut dowels 3 inches long and adhered them to the soles using glue and a bit of apoxy sculpt. When that was somewhat dry I created the shoe using paper clay and let them dry overnight. This is what they looked like this morning.
 
                                                           
Step #1 Apoxy Dowels to Template

Step #2  Add Paper Clay


                                              
                                                       A Different Style

                                                                
Here are 8 of the dozen I made waiting for Step #3- Sanding, Painting, Finishing
Today I plan on sanding them, painting them, felting the soles, painting the legs, and adding socks and laces. I still haven't decided who's legs they actually are but that will come in time- I have a few ideas about that too. Nine have rounded toes and three have elf toes so there are options for different "people". Each little shoe is about 1 1/2  inches long. I hope this works out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment