Gallery

Friday, November 23, 2012

Textitle Tart Ornament 2012

Today I am going to make the ornament that I need for our holiday party. The Tart's decided to make ornaments this year at our June pot-luck gathering. I have had months to do this but as usual I am now just a short two weeks away from the event and I haven't even started it yet. How does that happen? 
Fortunately, I have two ideas dancing around in my head. I think I can create an angel or fairy from this small mesh cornucopia. That will be my first attempt. If that bombs, I will needle felt some more polar bears and string them to a festive ribbon maybe add a bell or two.... 
I'm hoping the fairy/angel will work out. I was thinking of using Sally Mavor's dolls as inspiration for the design or if that doesn't work I will probably needle felt in a Waldorf style. It always amazes me how my initial idea seems to transform during construction to produce a surprise in the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment