Gallery

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Miniature Doll House

Many years ago I made three miniature 1:12 scale doll houses. I don't even remember why I left this craft it has been that long. But this weekend I decided to clean the smallest one and move it downstairs into my living room. Here are some pictures of the outside. It is on a swivel platform.







It is a replica of a country mercantile. The inside pictures show a grocery shop, post office, doctor's office, bathhouse, photographer shop and dressmakers shop. It's pretty chock full! Now that it is cleaned up and in a new location I think I will finish up a few parts. I always wanted to make a better sign for the roof so I think I will start with that.






This is the smallest of the three I have made. The original building was The Coventry Cottage by Greenleaf dated 1993 which makes it twenty years old. Instead of a cottage I made it into a shop. The other two are actually homes. One represents a Victorian Christmas house and the other is a contemporary family home.  Now that I have started, I am determined to clean both of these and make any necessary repairs as well. The problem is once I started with the mercantile I realized I could easily slip back into miniatures again. They are a lot of fun, and much like doll making there is no limit to where your imagination can roam. The only thing is how am I going to fit another craft into my life???

1 comment:

  1. I had to laugh because I have one dollhouse and three store fronts that were given to me as gifts that are still in their boxes. I actually got them out a few weeks ago to decide which one I should build first:) Once I start one that will be me occupied for awhile....LOL

    ReplyDelete