Gallery

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Mermaid





This wall doll is needle felted from the waist up with a stuffed fabric tail. I created the stitched design on the tail to represent the movement of water. There are clear crystal beads hanging from the bottom of the tail that represent water droplets. She holds a complete shell that has "pearls" inside it. I found this shell last summer on the beach, varnished it to bring out the natural colors and saved it for the right doll. Well here she is!
I really am pleased with her. She has a lace bodice that I layered with the fin fabric and beaded. She also has a vintage fish earring as part of her headpiece. Her hair is pale blue "fun"yarn that was popular a few years ago for making scarves. I think she has a very gentle expression on her face.




2 comments:

  1. Lovely:)...are you going to enter her in the Dollstreet Mermaid contest?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for looking at my new doll. I'm not sure about entering her, I'll look into it this weekend. I think I need to work on my picture taking skills. I find the pictures of the needle felted pieces aren't as crisp as I would like. I have a light box but it is a bit small for the larger wall dolls that I have been working on lately.
    Thanks again for your kind comment. Kathy

    ReplyDelete