Gallery

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Toby Jugs

About a month ago I discovered Toby Jugs.  I know I'm about 60 years behind the rest of the world, but...what can I say...  They're produced (vintage) by Royal Doulton and each one is a representation of some literary character. Most are male, but I actually purchased a female. She is a Dicken's character: Sairey Gamp.


I am not planning on becoming a collector- I actually plan on using her.  I'm going to fill her with felted core wool roving and use her as a pin cushion/storage unit for my felting needles. Much nicer than the generic tupperware bin I have them all in now.



Well, for Mother's Day my husband bought me three more! He bought the first one- The Old Salt and when it arrived he thought it was hideous so he bought two more, the Pied Piper and Rip Van Winkle, in an effort to get something that I would like.  Crazy guy I married! Well, needless to say I like all of them! Now I just need to figure out what to use them for... it will come to me.



2 comments:

  1. I had a neighbour that used to collect them:) She had them all over her house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny, I can see how that can happen.

    ReplyDelete