Gallery

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Art Doll Quarterly


I just received my copy of Art Doll Quarterly- Feb-Apr 2012- my dolls are on page 84!
 I submitted pictures of four of my Vintage Spirit dolls in the bottle doll challenge last September. Shortly after I was notified that my dolls would be included and have been waiting ever since to see which doll they would pick as well as what other artists did with this challenge. Well to my surprise and delight, I have a full page dedicated to my dolls and they included three pictures! I could not be happier! In the write-up they also describe a fourth doll, Island Girl, but she is not pictured so I have included a picture of her with the picture of the magazine in this blog entry.
It is really amazing to see how this challenge was approached by everyone else. The submissions are incredibly diverse. My dolls are the only ones that are all cloth. Many are created using polymer clay or paper clay. I have some paper clay that I have used for accessories on dolls but I have yet to attempt to actually sculpt a doll. Maybe that will be a future challenge for me. But for now, I plan on continuing my Vintage Spirits as all cloth. A few months ago a friend of mine (fellow Textile Tart) kindly gave me a beautiful cobalt blue wine bottle that will soon become another spirit. When I make a doll I do need a span of uninterrupted time which is difficult to find. I have been spending most of my free time lately creating items for my etsy shop and working on needle felted animals and -oh yes- I do have a  full time teaching job as well. Busy is an understatement.

No comments:

Post a Comment