Gallery

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Accessories

I've come to the realization that I will not make my goal of completing three dolls this week. I will however finish two- Roberta: The Huntress is already done and I am currently working on "Cupcake". I made her accessories last night. They are needle felted. Her hat is over-the-top as is the case with all the Vintage Spirits. I cut down a dosage cup that came with a bottle of cold medicine  and covered it with striped fabric for the cupcake cup. The frosting top is all wool with beads to represent the sprinkles.

A lovely cupcake hat!


Then I made her tray of cupcakes. The tray is the top of a plastic container that held straight pins. I was sitting at my sewing table trying to figure out how to construct a tray when there it was right in front of me.  The three little cupcakes are about 1/2 inch high, the entire tray is only 2 1/4 inches long.

Cupcake Anyone?

1 comment: