Gallery

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter Egg?

A week ago I decided to needle felt something for Easter. First I thought of making a rabbit- perhaps Peter Rabbit in his blue jacket? Then I thought of something less involved- how about some Easter eggs? In the end I did make an EGG! Humpty Dumpty!

My Humpty Dumpty is almost 6 inches from the top of his noggin to the bottom of his shoes. The entire piece measures about 14 inches. Humpty can be removed from the wall. Humpty has internal wires in his hands, arms and feet. He wears his traditional tailed suit jacket, white collared shirt and royal blue trousers. His black shoes include spats. He sits on a flagstone wall which is also needle felted however the inner core of the wall is styrofoam.

I am really pleased with this piece. I researched illustrations of Humpty Dumpty that appeared in early editions of Mother Goose books when designing my version of the icon. I gave him a true egg shaped head/body but tried for a gentle face. The poor fellow does not yet know what life has in store for him!


4 comments:

  1. Cool! This little seems much more involved and intricate than the animal's you done in past. You're becoming quite and accomplish needle felter! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mike. I wanted to try doing a face. Not exactly a human face but close!

      Delete