Gallery

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Moose

I made this moose the other day. I have no reason why I wanted to make a moose?? Just ended up making him. He is the largest animal needle felt I have made to date. I think he is a bit too big- standing just shy of 12 inches measuring from the very top of his highest antler. From the top of his head he measures about 9 inches high.  He isn't huge by any means, but compared to the other animals I have made, he is much larger.
The challenge was to make very thin legs that could support a large body and balance a large head with antlers that were beyond the point of gravity for the spindle legs. It worked out fine- maybe I just over-think things.
His antlers and legs are wired so they can be moved. He has plastic eyes, otherwise he is solid wool. I think I should call him Bowinkle.



 

1 comment:

  1. He's adorable! You really did capture the lanky look of a moose with the thin long legs!

    ReplyDelete