Gallery

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Tolkien Dwarf #3: Oin

The last of my trio of dwarves inspired by the writing of Tolkien is now complete. This little fellow is called Oin. He is the tallest of the three, just measuring a bit below 10 inches. He is also the oldest of the three, sporting quite a mane of white hair and a long curled beard.  Because of the white hair, I gave him a bit of color in his outfit. I really like his fur boots with the silver buckles.  And I must say I am impressed with the battle axe he is carrying. As with the other two dwarves, his body is 100% solid needle felted wool with wired arms, fingers and legs. His cape and his weapon are both removable, but all his other clothes are permanently sewed to his body.









 One, Two, and Three!

Now I need to work on something a bit more attractive!


2 comments:

  1. They are fantastic! You do such wonderful work! If I'm allowed to pick a favorite, it would be Oin. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I think Gloin is my favorite-can't help but love the red hair!

      Delete