Gallery

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Mess In Progress

Yes I know the saying is "Work in Progress" but I think in my case it is better described as "Mess in Progress".  I am generally not a messy person, but for some reason when I am working on a figure I choose to operate amid complete chaos. I think of it as my personal "Hyde" time. My work table is quite large, 4'x6' but when I am working it shrinks down to 1'x2' open space. Then, when I am finished with the doll, I will clean off the entire table and will have this amazing space again- that apparently I will never actually use! Crazy



I keep all my beads in plastic Gerber baby food containers and as you can see I have pulled out quite a few. I keep all my thread color- coded in small tin buckets one of which is visible. I have all these buckets hanging on the side of my fabric cabinet. Speaking of fabric, I find I pull lots of fabric out and hence there is fabric piled up all over! Pins, scissors, trims....endless chaos!  But somehow, it seems to work for me. Currently I am working on two more bottle dolls. One is a folk dancer and the other a duchess. Neither have heads- I am procrastinating. Usually I finish one doll completely before starting another but I just have an aversion to creating the heads so I moved on. I will finish both before the summer is over and I return to work, but for now I am content to surround myself with the headless.
I promise I'll post the completed pieces soon.
I just thought I would share my mess with the world today.

No comments:

Post a Comment