Gallery

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Which Came First- The Chicken or the Egg?

It has been about a year since I've made a cloth doll as my focus has been on needle felting,
but recently I was in the grocery store and I saw this wine bottle and immediately knew who it was destined to become. So I bought the wine, drank every last drop, cleaned the bottle, and made her.


The last bottle doll I made I needle felted so it was a challenge returning to all cloth. But I really enjoyed the process and have decided to make a few more this summer.  I challenged the cloth doll group I belong to (Textile Tarts) to make one along with me this summer. I hope some of them take the challenge because it is lots of fun and moves along quickly since the bottle is most of the doll.




The hen is needle felted with legs made from paperclay and a shell for its beak. The eggs are also  made using paperclay.





No comments:

Post a Comment