Gallery

Sunday, July 26, 2015

What Was I Thinking??

I can't imagine why I decided to post a picture of my work space (or should I say disaster area) yesterday. Since then I have been browsing other blogs and NO ONE puts up pictures of their space when it is messy! Everyone else shows pictures of their studio space in pristine condition. What was I thinking?? Oh well. damage done. So now I am going to try to put a spin on it (yes, presidential politics has definitely started in New Hampshire) and include a few new photos of a somewhat cleaner space.


I am finished with the two Vintage Spirit dolls (bottle dolls- I call them my Vintage Spirits because much of the fabric and all of the jewelry I use on them is vintage; and spirits because of the liquor bottles) I have been working on except obviously for their heads. Still procrastinating, I cleaned up the work space and took a few "after" pictures. I collected a few of my other figures to look at when I tackle the faces on the two new additions- otherwise this is a pretty accurate look at my work space on an off day.

 I think this is a great idea for organizing tools yet still keeping them in close proximity to the work space. You can see all my beads in the Gerber containers I mentioned in my last post. I like that I can just stand in front of it and see it all at one glance.
Here is a picture of my fabric cabinet with all my thread attached to the side. I bought these tin pails years ago at Walmart in the floral department I think. They are the perfect size- about 4 inches tall with a 5 inch diameter. I have the thread color coded- each pail has the possibility of holding about 20 spools which is more than I have ever accumulated in any color family.
The fabric armoire that the pails are attached to is approximately 3 feet wide by 4 feet tall. Not big by any means but inside the shelves are totally full on ALL my fabric, color coded. I NEVER buy fabric for a specific figure. Instead I buy fabric I like and put it in this cabinet. So when I am contemplating costuming I can open it and like every piece of fabric that I see. That way I am always happy with the fabric that I am working with on any figure. I also will never buy more fabric than this armoire can accommodate. I know most people have much much more than I, but personally I would feel overwhelmed by any more, and I seem to always be able to find that "perfect piece" with what I have stored here whenever I am working on a figure
Well. now I have shared 1/2 of my work space- and in somewhat decent condition- so I feel better. Tomorrow I will get my courage up and tackle the heads...until then .....


No comments:

Post a Comment