Gallery

Friday, August 20, 2010

Cloak Finished


Maybe it’s just my monitor, but this costume looks purple when it is really a stone grey with purple accents. But in any case. it is done. The cloak is not removable however the hood is sized to actually fit and can be raised over the head if wanted, (if he had a head that is). I used more jewelry findings- this time on the cloak closures. These were part of the toggle that I took apart for the shoes.

Time to turn my attention to old Dumbledore’s head. I am making this figure for a woman that works with me- we both teach sixth grade on the same team. She is an avid Harry Potter fan, and is planning on giving this figure to her daughter as a Christmas present. She asked her daughter which character in the series was her favorite and Dumbledore was the reply. So my challenge is to be able to interpret the character as I see him and, at the same time, please one of his greatest fans. I think the only way I can accomplish this is to pay attention to the details of the character. That’s my plan anyway. When I accepted this challenge I had the entire summer ahead of me, plenty of time. Well, long story short, it’s back to the classroom next week and my poor fellow is not nearly done. Where did the time go?

No comments:

Post a Comment