Gallery

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Shoes, Socks, and Undies


Finally the costuming has begun. I decided to give him some pretty fancy underwear. It’s white polyester but I upscaled it up with the addition of a nice black trim. Dumbledore is a wizard so I suppose anything goes when it comes to undies.

The stockings are non-existent but since his skin will not be pure white in the finished product, the white legs will pass as stockings.

His shoes are leather and somewhat elfish style with pointed toes. I used an old pair of leather gloves (men’s size). They were well worn so the leather was very soft. I removed the inside lining and have made many pairs of shoes and belts from this one pair of gloves. I dressed them up a bit with silver toggles. A while back I thought I’d try my hand at jewelry making. And, after purchasing a box of assorted findings, I made my first piece- necklace with matching earrings. It didn’t take me long to determine I absolutely hated jewelry making (beading in general is a nightmare for me), so now I am experimenting with different ways to use the findings. They make pretty effective shoe decorations.

No comments:

Post a Comment