Gallery

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Inner Robe Completed


His inner robe is finished. A year or so ago, I purchased a new sewing machine that has a number of decorative stitches. Prior to that my machine could only straight stitch and zig zag (quite old but very reliable) The majority of my figures were made on this old machine. Anyway, I bought a new machine but have as yet I have not used many of the “fancy features”. So I was determined to try some of the embroidered stitches on Dumbledore. Although it is difficult to see in the photo, he has embroidered stitching on the hem of his sleeves and up the side of each sleeve. He also has it on the hem of his robe. The most intricate stitching in on the yoke of his rode. I have also beaded this area using silver and purple beads. All that work and in the end because of his outer cloak and his long beard very little will show on the finished piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment