Gallery

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Stuffed and Ready to Go!



The body parts are now stuffed and ready to be attached to each other. I hate doll stands so I always include some type of internal support. I stuff parts quite firmly, often the figure will stand by itself, but I still add an internal support tube so that the figure will not topple off the base whenever anyone picks it up or moves it. The brass tube extends from the leg into the torso for increased stability. It protrudes from the foot to accommodate the shoe. Once the figure is complete the base of this tube will be flush with the sole of the shoe. On the base itself, I will adhere a second smaller tube which will fit inside the one inside the figure. That way he will stand on the base securely and can easily be removed from the base by lifting upward.

No comments:

Post a Comment